Thursday, October 6, 2011

80s Revivalists

Welcome

I decided to do a blog to look into the decade that had everything and more. For me no decade in terms of music went through such drastic changes of genres and styles like the 80's. A lot was hype and marketing, some was politically charged and some were just bloody awful.

I will start with the early eighties when men wore make up to the late eighties were everything and anything would go. Cultures would change, music changed, people changed and outlooks changed. Gone are the days spent all day in record stores, you dont even have to get out of bed to buy music!

So join me in revisiting those days where hopefully it will be informative, videos to watch and if you are missing those tunes where to buy.

At the age of 41, I have decided to go back on the road to DJ and when I did a DJ course to get back into the swing at the Midi School in Salford. I bought in some old classic Indie tracks from the 80's and the chap helping me was bought back to his young adulthood. You just sometimes forget the old classics and hopefully this blog will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment